The aim of our corporate governance policy is to align the interests of all our stakeholders. The foundation documents describe how and by what standards we do this.
Our commitment to achieving sustainable development involves a careful balancing of stakeholder interests, by the choices we make both now and in the future. Whether a new strategy or a day-to-day decision, all choices should be guided by our shared commitments, values and principles.
Our corporate governance framework comprises six distinct parts:
- Corporate government roles: how we manage the company and what the various roles are
- Stakeholder engagement: how we manage our relationships with customers, employees or their representatives, member farmers, suppliers, venture partners and society at large to ensure the right conditions for sustainable development
- Purpose and mission: why we exist as a company and how we create value
- Core values: the fundamental beliefs that drive our behaviour and decision making
- Business principles: how we act upon those values on a day-to-day basis
- Strategic objectives: where we are going next
In addition to the above framework this document includes our position on a number of specific societal issues and our public policies. Both are solidly based on our values and principles and should be considered as extensions to the framework.
The functioning of our corporate governance framework is evaluated annually as part of our Business Integrity Management System (BIMS) and Total Quality Management (TQM) policies. All are ISO 9001 certified.