Waxy potato starch: Eliane™
Waxy potato starch offers food manufacturers the key to excellent taste and texture differentiation. Eliane™ is a low-dosage, high viscosity starch that allows for higher quality end products. With Eliane™, we offer you a whole new technique for food preparation with superior functionality and never-before-seen expansion properties in texture formulation.
this product >>
What & how: home-grown waxy potato starch
Eliane™ is our waxy potato starch, containing more than 99% amylopectin. It is the first amylopectin potato starch in the world obtained through traditional breeding. Because it is a home-grown potato breed, cultivated through traditional, well-accepted classical breeding techniques, we have full control of the characteristics of the end product. This ensures a potato starch that can be easily processed in various stages of product manufacturing, at lower temperatures, and achieving the same effect with lower dosage. Since every product has its own quality requirements, our experts will assist you in formulating the right solution for your product.
Benefits: spot-on taste, variety of textures
Our waxy potato starch offers an excellent, creamy mouthfeel, with a clean and neutral flavor profile that allows the product taste to shine through. Eliane™ has unique expansion properties in texture formulation, to accommodate both smooth and shiny textures with ultra-high clarity and gloss, as well as crispy and crunchy textures. This makes our waxy potato starch exceptionally suited to increase consumer appeal of your product. It offers a premium alternative to other starches, with not only its spot-on taste and texture, but also its high salt tolerance, superior viscosity and elasticity, and sustainable nature.
Numerous applications of Eliane™ potato starch
Eliane™ allows the development of premium applications where potato starch is not generally used.
- Bakery: Eliane™ ensures baking stability and visual appeal of instant bakery cream, a shiny and clear appearance of fruit filling, a high and stable viscosity, and a smooth texture and creamy mouthfeel of instant desserts.
- Dairy: Eliane™ has thickening properties, creates smooth and shiny textures, and ensures an excellent taste profile of drink, set and stirred yoghurts or desserts.
- Meat: Eliane™ has a high water binding capacity and salt tolerance, a clear flavor profile and ideal gelatinization temperatures to give the maximum functionality of whole meat. Texture control, increased water binding capacity, fat binding and controlling cooking yields of emulsified meat. It has a high binding capacity and texture control of formed meat.
- Noodles: Eliane™ provides excellent texture, good chewiness, slipperiness and shininess and rapid rehydration with lower water temperature of instant fried noodles. Eliane™ gives a soft, crispy texture, a light color appearance and makes for easy to be melt in mouth snack noodles.
- Snacks: Eliane™ provides a controlled oil uptake, expansion, crunch and texture possibilities and more health benefits of coated nuts. It also provides enhanced expansion, a softer and crispier bite and reduction of oil absorption upon frying of extruded pellets. The end result: thin yet light and crunchy baked snacks.
- Soups & sauces: Eliane™ ensures great texture, functionality and taste of soups, sauces and dressings.
bakery confectionery dairy food texture solution fruit filling instant bakery cream meat noodles potato starch snacks soups & sauces Eliane